Its still winter(ish) so more comfort food is appropriate I think. This is a great dish to use with leftovers for example if you’ve cooked a lot of rice one day and keep it in the fridge. Its a bit indulgent with double cream, but what the hell you need the extra fat to keep you going over the cold nights.
- 350g of undyed smoked fish (haddock works)
- 100ml of double cream
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons mild curry paste
- 250g rice (cooked in advance)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- Place the fish into a microwavable bowl and pour over the cream. Cover with cling film, pierce some holes in it and cook on full power for 5-6 minutes.
- Flake the fish and remove the bones
- Heat butter in a wok or heavy based frying pan and gently fry the onion
- Add the peas and stir together for 4-5 minutes until onion is soft and peas are cooked
- Stir in curry paste and cooked rice and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cooked fish and cream mixture, lemon juice, chopped eggs and parsley
- Mix together and serve