Another delicious recipe, ideal for those following the South Beach Diet, but fantastic for everyone really. Just add more veggies or some rice on the side for quite a full meal.
- 1 boned, skinned chicken-breast half (4 oz)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach (or a couple of balls of frozen spinach defrosted for 2 minutes in the microwave)
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a medium skillet.
- Add spinach and sauté until wilted.
- Remove from heat
- Stir the spinach into the parmesan cheese and add salt and pepper.
- Cut a lengthwise pocket halfway through center of chicken breast.
- Stuff the spinach/cheese mixture into the chicken pocket then secure with oiled wooden toothpicks.
- Brush chicken with remaining 1 tsp oil and sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove toothpicks and serve.