Another very quick and easy recipe this week, which I found yesterday and cooked last night. Very tasty indeed.
If you can’t find cod, or are concerned about overfishing, then any other meaty white fish should do.
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 4 pieces prime skinless cod portions, each weighing about 125g
- 3 fresh lemon thyme sprigs
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 2-3tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 x 410g cans chickpeas, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7.
- Place the cod fillets in a roasting tin.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon quarters, and reserve.
- Put the lemon quarters into the tin with the fish and thyme, then sprinkle with salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes on the top shelf or until the fish is cooked.
- Place the chickpeas in a food processor with the reserved lemon juice, the garlic, cumin, some seasoning and the remaining olive oil.
- Process for a few seconds so the mash still has some texture.
- Heat the mash in the microwave on full power for 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon on to warmed plates, top with a piece of fish and drizzle over a little oil.
Recipe from Waitrose