Another quickie and once again delicious. Of course, you can add what you like to this to make it spicier, or include more vegetable goodness if you want or even some chorizo or equivalent meat. However, simple is sometimes the best.
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- 4 x cloves garlic, chopped
- 500ml chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 x 15oz can of black beans, rinsed, liquid removed
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Rice (cooked as per normal instructions)
- Spray medium saucepan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat till warm.
- Saute/fry onion, green onions, and garlic till tender, about 5 min.
- Add beans and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add chili powder
- Add in broth to saucepan and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered until broth reduces and is absorbed
- Stir in coriander
- Serve over rice
- Dress with some coriander leaves