I’ve included Simple in the title because it is. After the more complex Baked Cheesecake last week, this recipe is far more simple. You can use beef rather than turkey if you want, reducing the cooking time if required, but turkey rocks and its lean meat.
- 1lb of ground turkey
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup ketchup or barbecue sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs – plain
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180c.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients, using your hands to blend it all nicely.
- Press into loaf pan and pat down to even it out.
- Bake for about 1hr until the top is nicely browned.
- Use a skewer to test that its cooked all the way through.
Serve with mashed potatoes – of course.