I found this one when I was on the South Beach diet and I still use it to this day. This is such a simple recipe but looks pretty impressive. Honestly, there’s a bit of cooking, some mixing and then its all about piling things on top of each other and tossing in the oven. When done it looks and tastes fantastic. Recipe from The South Beach Diet Cook Book.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsps virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped or sliced tomatoes
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Combine the ricotta with the oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the chicken with the garlic powder.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 12 minutes per side.
- Place the chicken breasts, side by side, in a large baking dish and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture and 1/4 cup tomatoes onto each chicken breast. Top each chicken breast with 1 slice mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of a breast registers 170° F (75° C) and the juices run clear.
- Service with steamed vegetables and/or rice
Up Next: Lamb with Green Beans